Bruins Hockey Rules Contest
- General. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. By participating in this contest, sponsored by the Boston Professional Hockey Association, Inc. ("the Sponsor"), the participant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. Contest begins on October 21, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. and ends on November 12, 2010 at 5:00pm. All times in this contest refer to Eastern Time. By participating in the contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are at its sole discretion and are binding and final. Failure to comply with these rules will result in disqualification from this contest.
- Eligibility. The contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as of October 21, 2010. Employees of Sponsor and Delaware North Companies, Inc.-Boston ("DNCB"), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of each of the foregoing are not eligible.
- How To Enter. To participate in the Contest, visit www.bruinshockeyrules.com ("Web-site"), view the video and submit your own Boston Bruins Hockey Rule (each, a "Rule") corresponding to the video. There is no limit to the number of Rules one participant can submit, but there can only be one username per participant. Each Rule must be the participant's original work, and may not be the same as another participant's Rule or the idea of any other person. A Rule may not be offensive, inappropriate, obscene, immoral, or defamatory, or invade another person's privacy or include another person's name or any company name, and no commercial messages will be allowed. The Sponsor may disqualify a Rule or a participant (including any other Rules submitted by the participant) for any breach of the foregoing at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Upon entry, all Rules and all rights to the Rules hereby are become the property of the Sponsor, and each entrant hereby assigns all right, title and interest in and to his or her submitted Rule to Sponsor. Sponsor may use, display, sell, and otherwise exploit each submitted Rule without attribution or compensation to the entrant.
- Selection of Finalists and Winners. At the end of the Contest Period, the Sponsor will select at its discretion 10 Rules from the entries submitted during the Contest Period to be finalists. The finalist Rules will be displayed on the Web-site during the Finalist Period, which will begin on November 15, 2010 at 9:00am and end on November 19, 2010 at 5:00pm. Visitors at the Web-site may vote for Rules from the pool of finalists to win. The grand prize winner will be the Rule with the most votes cast in its favor that conform with these Official Rules during the Finalist Period on the Web-site. To qualify, all votes must be in accordance with these Official Rules and the Web-site terms and conditions. The Sponsor may void votes or Rules that it deems in its discretion to be in violation of these Official Rules. Winners will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release upon accepting their prize. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Sponsor reserves the right to use prizewinners' names and hometowns in any advertising or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the winners, except where prohibited by law.
- Prizes. One prize will be awarded for the 2010 Bruins Hockey Rules Contest. The winner of the grand prize will receive (i) 2 tickets to the Bruins home game vs. the Carolina Hurricanes on November 26, 2010, (ii) a ride on the Zamboni, (iii) a mutually agreed upon meet-and-greet with the Bruins Hockey Rules Bear, and (iv) inclusion of the winning Rule edited into the Web-site video as a commercial which will be played on the Garden HDX during the November 26, 2010 game and also on NESN (times and slots to be determined by Sponsor and NESN). The estimated value of the grand prize is $300. All seat locations will be at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and there are no substitutions. Transfer of a prize is prohibited. All taxes and all other expenses, costs or fees, including parking and transportation, associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
- Disclaimer. By entering the contest, the entrant assumes all liability for any personal injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by, arising out of or in connection with his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and hereby indemnifies, holds harmless and releases the Sponsor, DNCB, the NHL, NHL member clubs and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any and all such liability. None of the Sponsor, DNCB and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents and employees of any of the foregoing, are responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest. Participation constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- Internet. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and/or unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the contest process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. No automated or mechanical means of voting may be used. Sponsor, DNCB and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents and employees of any of the foregoing (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries, (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any –online or communication service, any mobile networks, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's mobile phone or device related to or resulting from participation in this contest. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Boston, Massachusetts, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Massachusetts law, without reference to Massachusetts' choice of law rules, governs the contest and all aspects related thereto.
- Use of entrant and winner information. Any information that provided by entrants in connection with the contest may be used by the Sponsor to send the entrant further information about its products and services. An entrant who would like his or her name and information to be removed from the Sponsor's mailing list or does not wish to receive information from the Sponsor may contact Sponsor at http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=38884, and Sponsor will promptly comply.
- Winner Announcement. For the name of the winners, available after November 26, 2010, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 3, 2010 to: Bruins Hockey Rules Contest, 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114.