Boston Bruins Development Camp Scrimmage
- General. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. By submitting an entry to this sweepstakes, sponsored by Boston Professional Hockey Association ("the Sponsor"), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. Entrant represents that he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the Qualified Participant (as defined below) on whose behalf entrant enters these sweepstakes. Where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins on June 29th, 2009 at 9 am and ends on July 3rd, 2009 at 5 pm. All times in this sweepstakes refer to Eastern Time. By entering the drawing, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these rules will result in disqualification from this sweepstakes. Eligibility. Entrants must be the parent or legal guardian of a legal U.S. resident born between 1996 – 1999, and has participated in organized league hockey ("Qualified Participant"). Entrant must be a legal resident of Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont or New Hampshire. These sweepstakes are void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations. Employees of the Sponsor, Delaware North Companies, Inc.-Boston, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible.
- How To Enter. Entrants may enter on behalf of a Qualified Participant by completing the online entry form at http://www.baystatehockey.com/public/forms/ProspectsScrimmage.html, and completing and submitting the entry form pursuant to the onscreen instructions. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. Each entrant may enter only once during the contest period. Multiple entries received from any person or email address will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Selection of Winners. Winning Qualified Participants will be selected at random on or about July 3rd, 2009 from all eligible entries and the applicable parent or legal guardian who is the entrant will be notified by e-mail, mail or telephone at the email address, address or telephone number provided by the winner. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received about July 3rd, 2009 and will be notified by email, mail or telephone at the email address, address or telephone number provided by the winner. Winning entrants will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and a waiver of liability and publicity release on behalf of the applicable Qualified Participant upon arriving to the scrimmage on July 10th 2009 as a condition for participation in such scrimmage. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited.
- Prize. Forty (40) Qualified Participants, including twenty (20) birth years of 1996 and 1997 and twenty (20) birth years 1998 and 1999 will win the opportunity to participate in a fifty (50) minute, non-check scrimmage on Friday July 10th @ 4 PM at Cronin Ice Rink in Revere, MA. Total ARV prize package: $100 per participant. In the event the game is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the prize with no further obligation to the winner. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash and there are no date substitutions. Transfer of the prize is prohibited. All taxes and all other expenses, costs or fees including parking and transportation associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
- Disclaimer. Winner assumes, on his or her behalf and on behalf of the applicable Qualifying Participants, all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize by the applicable Qualifying Participant, and hereby releases the Sponsor, Delaware North Companies, Inc.-Boston, the National Hockey League, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. The Sponsor, Delaware North Companies, Inc.-Boston, the National Hockey League, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the applicable Qualifying Participant's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- Internet. If for any reason, the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or sweepstakes, the Sponsor/s reserve their right in their discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. The Sponsor, Delaware North Companies Inc.-Boston, the National Hockey League, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in these sweepstakes. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Only one Qualified Participant may be eligible per entry.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees on his or her behalf and on behalf of the applicable Qualifying Participant that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Boston, Massachusetts, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased are hereby waived. Massachusetts State law, without reference to Massachusetts' choice of law rules, governs the sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
- Winner Announcement. A list of the winners will be available after July 6th, 2009, and will be posted on the Boston Bruins website.