• After the 2009-10 season, Spooner was awarded the William Hanley Trophy as the OHL’s Most Sportsmanlike Player, becoming the sixth member of the Peterborough Petes organization to claim this award since it was first introduced following the 1960-61 season, and the most recent Pete to win since Mike Ricci in 1989-90. Former winners of the trophy include: Wayne Gretzky (Sault Ste. Marie 1977-78), Brian Campbell (Ottawa 1998-99), Brad Boyes (Erie 2000-01 and 2001-02) and Jeff Carter (Sault Ste. Marie 2004-05).
• A broken collarbone limited Spooner to just 47 games, but his 1.15 point-per-game production led the Petes and he finished tied for third on the team with 54 points (19-35--54). His 30 goals in 2008-09 ranked third among OHL rookies.
• He participated in the 2010 CHL Top Prospects game, scoring the shorthanded game-winner in the 4-2 Team Cherry win.
• He was selected to Team Canada at the 2010 Under-18 World Championships and was a member of the gold-medal winning Team Canada at the Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial in 2009. Spooner also played for the gold-medal winning Team Ontario at the 2009 World Under-17 Challenge where he finished tied for third in scoring with 10 points (4-6--10) in six games.
• Spooner was drafted fifth overall by Peterborough in the 2008 OHL Priority Selection after he recorded 147 points in 74 games in Minor Midget with the AAA Ottawa Senators.
• He is an avid ping-pong player, three games with one of his linemates is part of his pre-game routine and he credits his father for the having the most influence on his life because of everything he taught him about the game at a young age -- his father, Brad, played Junior hockey in St. Isidore, Ontario.
NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens
NHL Player: Alex Kovalev
Shootout move: “Five hole”
Goal celebration: “I don’t celebrate”
Video Game: Fable 2
Movie: My Cousin Vinny
TV Show: One Tree Hill
Actor: Denzel Washington
Music Group: Modest Mouse
Website: youtube.com, facebook.com
Book: Waterland by Graham Swift
Pump-up song: “Spitting Venom” by Modest Mouse
Home-cooked meal: Chicken parmesan and pasta
Activity away from the rink: Ping pong and Xbox