- Was one of 40 players selected to the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game.
- Participated in the 2007 Canada Winter Games as a member of Team Quebec, posting three points in the tournament (2-1--3).
- His dad, Jean-Francois Sauvé, played for the Buffalo Sabres and the Quebec Nordiques, tallying 65 career goals and 138 career assists in 290 NHL games.
- His uncle, Robert (Bob), played 13 seasons in the NHL as a goaltender (Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, New York Islanders) and was the co-winner of the Vezina Trophy (1980) and the William Jennings Trophy (1984-85). His cousin, Philippe, also a goaltender was drafted 38th overall in 1998 by the Colorado Avalanche – after a few NHL appearance he now plays in the German Elite League.
- If he could choose any three people to have dinner with he would choose: his grandmother, sister and brother.
- He credits his father for having the most influence on his career for all that he has taught him.
- He got his start in hockey with the Seigneurs minor hockey team – “I loved scoring goals when I was three years old and I started when I was four”.
NHL Team: Calgary Flames
NHL Player: Detroit’s Pavel Datsyuk – “he has the best stickhandling”
Practice Drill: Shootout
Video Game: Play Station 3
TV Show: Spike TV
Actor: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Food to cook: Spaghetti
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Place to visit: France